We specialise in a number of clinical areas
including lower back pain, vertigo, temporomandibular dysfunction and headaches.
Aigburth Physiotherapy offers the personal touch to individuals and organisations across Merseyside whatever help and support they need to get moving whether it’s following an accident, due to a sports injury or just to improve your wellbeing.
You wouldn’t leave your car without an MOT so why do that with your body?
Addressing a problem or injury early can help to prevent it from becoming a chronic issue. Even the smallest irritation can develop into a lifelong problem if not treated, leading to further musculoskeletal compensations.
At Aigburth Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic, we use the latest up-to-date treatment methods to provide you with expert service, tailor-made to meet your specific needs. In doing so this helps to speed up the healing process and reduce the likelihood of injury reoccurrence. We take self-referrals and referrals from GP’s, consultants, solicitors and insurance companies.
We can help with:
- Sports and soft tissue injuries
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Arthritic pain
- Women’s’ health
- Neck pain
- Facial/jaw pain
- Shoulder pain/frozen shoulder
- Arm, elbow, wrist and hand pain
- Trapped Nerves
- Flat feet/plantar fasciitis
- Cartilage and ligament injuries
- Chest pain
- Back pain/slipped discs
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Chronic pain
Physiotherapy is not just for individuals.
We also work with a number of businesses taking active steps to reduce the number of musculoskeletal problems caused, or exacerbated, by the working environment. We can provide occupational health for your business which can help to:
- Reduce absenteeism
- Improve the performance of your workforce
- Increase staff retention
- Save money (support your staff to get back to work quicker)
For office-based organisations, a simple workstation assessment may be all that is needed, while physical jobs come with a risk of injury. The earlier an injury is treated, the lower the chances of it developing into a serious problem. Aigburth Physiotherapy can perform the treatment at our clinic or at your workplace.
Our Corporate Clients include:
- Merseyside Police – occupational health referrals
- Merseyside Fire – occupational health referrals
- Ergonomic Assessments for AXA Healthcare
- The Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- John Lewis Partners
- The EDAP Centre within Ford Motor Company, Speke
- BPAM (British Association for Performing Arts Medicine)
At Aigburth Physiotherapy, we can use holistic therapy alongside other treatments such as manual therapy or exercise to help recovery.
- Feelings of deep relaxation
- Relief from stress, anxiety and tension
- Improved mood
- A general sense of health and wellbeing.
Acupuncture is best used as an integrated approach to the management of pain and inflammation. It can help with conditions such as:
- Back pain (acute or chronic)
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Headaches, including migraines
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Stress and anxiety
We also offer sports massage, pilates and nutrition and lifestyle advice which can also be used alongside holistic therapies to further promote wellbeing.